Here's a bit more about me, Zack Schuster
I'm a 30-year-old enby, formerly of The Midwest, currently moonlighting as a ø in California.
I like writing all kinds of things, especially stories and essays. I'm very conversational and self-deprecating; I like making people smile, and I try to say familiar things in new ways. I try to be positive a lot, but a lot of times I get really anxious instead because there are a lot of awful things in the world and it's impossible for me to fix even a small portion of them. As a result, I try to end everything I write with either "Everything will be alright" or "I hope you have a wonderful life," because it makes me smile and I hope it'll make you smile too.
I love the semicolon; however, my love is unrequited. I find solace — however fleeting — in the arms of the hyphen.
A teacher of mine once said that inside every novelist is a cheap philosopher. It's true.
Let's call this part a "potpourri" because that seems like fun
- I have dabbled in soundscape art
- I wrote a short story based on Kimbra lyrics and I called it, uh, Kimbra
- in my basement data-haven is a black-bag filled with garbage market beef and i swear to stego it's an unclassified utopia —
- In a past life, this was the cover art for Trackback
- This is an image list of cool places I like, inspired by John Campbell's old image list of webcomics he liked
- Did you know I love to take photos? And that I've been paid to do it? Here's my portfolio
- his eyes locked with hers. tell me why i am alive, they begged. she walked away. —
- I made a shrine to JDA Winslow. Stand in awe.
*smiles for the non-existent camera*
These are old essays, some of them are ok
- We are all branches on the tree of life: an essay exploring meaning in 'The Tree of Life'
- A minor and insignificant treatise on Internet Poetry, and the disparity between presence and person therein.
- Max Payne 3, neo-noir, style and difficulty
- Thoughts on Walter Mackey and Quickshit
I have also reviewed various things
- 'A Million Bears' by Spencer Madsen
- 'Agora' by Derek Piotr
- 'Fairfaxe' by Tristan Newcomb
- 'Lifted' by Bright Eyes
- 'Lightning/ Lightening' by Katey Metcalf
- 'Limitless' dir. by Neil Burger
- 'Only Interstellar Pinball Lives Forever' by Tristan Newcomb
- 'Rango' dir. by Gore Verbinsky
- 'Summer Of The Chew Toy Soul' by Tristan Newcomb
*my songs know what you did in the dark